Monday, April 15, 2013

Dear Anger, Hanger, and Danger,

I find it strange that you each think you're unique.  Sure, two of you have a little consonant for a first letter, but after that, you're all just anger.  Seriously.  I have my doubts about whether an h can make that much difference.  I mean, in some languages, they don't even pronounce h, especially if it's the first letter of the word.  And a d?  Come on.

There are people right now, today, all over the world trying to learn to read and spell English properly.  And you have the gall to sit there and tell me you are all pronounced differently?  Can you imagine the toll that takes on our poor kids who just want to play with dolls?  They have sufficient trouble just trying to figure out why one puts a boot on a foot in a flood.  Well, enough is eenuff.  Guess what?  You all should rhyme!  None of you is special!  You're just anger, anger with an h, and anger with a d!  There - I've said it.

Look, I know it sucks that despite what the establishment has told you all along, your phonetic root is anger.  But at some point, someone's going to tell you the truth.  And it's gonna hurt.  And I didn't want it to come from a stranger.  Especially since stranger is off the hook because his root word is strange, which is totally different.  Likewise for ranger.  That would have been extra painful.  Like rubbing salt in a wound up ball of suture, and then using that salty suture to stitch up your wound.  One day, you'll thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to say whatever you're about to say!