Friday, July 24, 2009

Dear Chris Martin,

I find it strange I haven't seen any birds flying from the underground yet. I thought you said they'd go flying from there and when I saw it, I'd understand. I just want to understand. Is that so bad? I've been trying unsuccessfully to ignite my bones and the hardest part is trying to get that message home. That's mostly just because my mom has my number blocked, but I just want her to listen to what I say. She's just angry because I'm starting to make all this movement, and I cut down a tree and brought it back to her. I don't know how it ever got away from her, since trees can't walk, but I do think it made her see where she was going wrong. I think she's forgotten about it, but she hasn't forgiven me. What good is that? Honestly, shouldn't she love all she sees? Anyway, I was just trying to seize every chance I get to climb up in the trees, when I got lost. You see I was swimming in this little, tiny pond, and I thought I was certainly the biggest person in there, well, actually, I was pretending to be a fish, when all of a sudden... nevermind, it's not a very interesting story. Anyway, I decided to come see, and I found this song and I tried to measure it, but it must have been at least a thousand miles long. I probably shouldn't be spreading this all around, so, just between you and me, I'm no friend of death. You know the funniest thing happened to me the other day: gravity actually turned on I. Can you believe that? It didn't even turn on me; it had the gall to turn on I! I hope I didn't just cross a line I shouldn't have. Maybe I shouldn't mess with gravity. Well, if I was wrong, then I'm sorry. My head just aches when I think of all the times I've re-used my own lyrics. Okay, I'm going back to the start: can you help me understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to say whatever you're about to say!